Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bridal Burn-Out


So we are winding down on the wedding plans and I find myself caring less and less about the details. I will give my mother vague ideas of what I think I want, and then follow-up with "I don't care, do whatever you want."

"What kind of flowers do you want?"

"Daisies"

"Ok...what colors?"

"Lime green and yellow"

"Well what about adding some pink and orange? What kind of flowers do you want with the daisies....you can't just have daisies. And what about your bouquet, what do you want that to look like? Do you want lots of flowers or only some flowers?"
"I don't care.....do whatever you want."

We have had similar conversations about the cake, the food at the reception, and countless other details. The great thing is that I completely trust my mother to make it wonderful without me doing anything at all. She could do the whole thing without a single opinion from me and I'm sure I would love it. Our current worry is my dress. We had to order it in my size months ago, and it is supposed to arrive this Friday. Which means we have less than 3 weeks to alter the thing and make it temple worthy. I refuse to wear cap-sleeves. I realize the wedding is during the hottest time of the year, but I tell you I will NOT have cap-sleeves...3/4 or long sleeves. I will not be one of those cookie-cutter Mormon brides with those stupid little sleeves. Plus my arms are Kobe-Bryant-long, and shorter sleeves would just accentuate that....not exactly a feature I want to show off.

After several mix-ups and mishaps, we are finally starting to mail out the invitations...IF I can get my wonderful groom to get addresses for his friends (which I asked him to do months ago...but whatever....get used to it, right?). The invitations are perfect, I absolutely love them--even though we had to jump through hoops to get them done correctly.

And through all of the frustration and anxiety, I am still excited to get married! You should all be receiving invitations shortly, and I hope to see you all there!

3 comments:

Shelese said...

Love this post! Mom rules doesn't she? Best wedding planner ever. You're hilarious about the cap sleeves, ha. Can't wait to see your dress!!! Can't wait for everything!

Alicia said...

I use a M-F pill box. And proud of it. I only have a vitamin, an allergy med, an anti-depressant and Ibuprofen to take. But if I didn't have that pill box, I'd never take any. I just can't remember pills. And who wants to be bothered with pills anyway??? Go with a pill box. They are the best. I keep mine in the same place all the time with a little notepad that I scribble down what I eat everyday. Next to it is posted all the caloric values of everything in my kitchen. It took a lot of work up front to set it all up but now it's a breeze. Except that chocolate protein shakes DON'T satisfy chocolate cravings. Whoever thought they would, didn't love chocolate as much as I do. Or did (tears streaming down my faace), before I decided to cut back. I LOVE the engagement photos. You are beautiful. You've got perfect skin, I love the hair-do and your pretty dark eyes. You both look great. Good luck on getting into BYU-I. Let me know if I can be of any help. I love resumes/applications for school, it's kind of my thing I do. Ask Brandon, nearly killed him on that on. Anyway, I should just E-mail you. I'm so excited for you guys and so sorry that we can't be there. Please have someone take tons of photos and E-mail them and post them on the blogs. Love, Alicia

C.B. said...

I got mine! LOVED it. You are gorgeous! The day you get married we are going to be on vacation. :( I want to send you something though...I will facebook and ask for your address once you are married so you can get a surprise in the mail from me.

p.s.

I was determined to not have cap sleeves either...but then I found the most gorgeous dress that fit me in every possible way...except it had cap sleeves. But since I looked so hot in it I didn't care.
:)